The Director of Care is responsible for ensuring the well being of the residents through the delivery of high quality services in a manner that is consistent with the policies, procedures and philosophy of Chartwell Seniors Housing.
Complexity and Scope of the position include but are not limited to:
· This exciting opportunity is well suited to a LPN with management experience.
· The position requires a self-motivated leader with superior communication and management skills.
· You take pride in bringing out the best in the nursing staff by mentoring and leading by example; thus creating the ultimate caring environment for our seniors.
· Working in a collaborative leadership role with other management staff and the nursing team you will manage the nursing department; liaise with the Health Region and ensure that care standards are followed.
· You will plan, organize, implement and audit resident care.
· You will ensure nursing education and infection control/health and safety programs are followed while ensuring that care standards are practiced in accordance with the applicable regulations; standards and legal requirements.
· Staff supervision of Site LPNs and HCAs.
· Monitor Nursing budget and funding hours for staffing.
· Knowledge of relevant legislation; computer skills; current first aid and CPR certification are essential.
· Experience in an assisted living facility is an asset.
The incumbent must have a current CLPNA registration and have graduated from a recognized school of Nursing.