Job Type: Contract (Full-Time)
October 26, 2012
The Community Relations Specialist – Respite Facilitator’s primary responsibility will be to promote and manage the ‘Respite’ program. The incumbent will be accountable for converting the guest stays to permanent residents to achieve optimal occupancy levels in the retirement community. He/she will also be responsible for developing and maintaining a strong network of health care professionals and community influencers to increase Chartwell’s image. In addition, the successful candidate will also provide sales support for all sales and marketing events and will be responsible for achieving quarterly/annual goals.
The ideal candidate possesses:
• Strong customer service and sales experience;
• An existing network of health care professionals in the Kitchener area;
• Experience in networking and building community relationships;
• Results-orientation in a pro-active busy environment;
• Ability to plan, organize, and execute of marketing plans and programs;
• Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing;
• The ability to successfully follow an established sales process, including closing sale transactions;
• Computer literate with knowledge of related software programs
• Experience working with seniors;
• Knowledge of the community and surrounding areas;
• Successful completion of secondary school or equivalent;
• Post-secondary education in related field is an asset;
• Must be prepared to respond to emergency situations;
• Must be willing to work the hours necessary to best respond to sales traffic thus ensuring optimal occupancy;
• Valid provincial driver’s license as well as access to a vehicle.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Managing the in-house short-stay program to ensure a ‘WOW’ customer experience resulting in a higher than average conversion ratio;
• Developing and fostering professional relationships with members of the local healthcare community;
• Establishing and maintaining relationships with community influences to promote and encourage referral-based traffic;
• Participating and volunteering at local area events and providing information to the general public and community organizations;
• Conducting personal visits when needed using Chartwell’s Value Match sales process;
• Providing hands-on sales and marketing support for all events as well as sales and marketing reports;
• Ensuring a smooth transition to the residence by supporting the transfer of relationship to the General Manager as well as other members of the management/leadership team.
Please forward your cover letter and resume, in confidence, to:
Andy Kefford, Director, Regional Sales
We thank all applicants for their interest in Chartwell Retirement Residences. Please be advised that only those invited to an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About us | Find a Residence | Living at Chartwell | Careers | Investor RelationsMaterial Copyright © 2009-Chartwell Master Care LP | Legal and Copyright | Website Privacy Statement