Job Type: Full-Time
January 07, 2013
Reporting to the Vice President, Strategic Planning & Analysis, the Director of Corporate Accounting will lead the Corporate Accounting team and will be responsible for public company financial reporting and all financial information contained in securities filings. The incumbent will oversee the consolidated audit, the accounting for intangibles, capital, mezzanine loans and other long term assets, debt, and equity. The successful candidate will lead accounting policy development, as well as debt covenant compliance monitoring.
Practicing our corporate values of RESPECT, the successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Leading corporate accounting team;
· Leading quarterly and annual regulatory financial reporting and filing processes;
· Primary liaison with auditors and other external advisors as well as internal stakeholders in the quarterly and annual regulatory filing process;
· Supporting prospectus filings as required working with internal stakeholders, auditor and other external advisors;
· Ensuring public company filings comply with all regulatory requirements;
· Assisting in preparation of Investor relations materials – presentations, reports, etc;
· Continuing improving public company disclosures in the MD&A, financial statements, press releases and AIF;
· Supporting to processes of public offerings of REIT securities as required, liaising with the underwriters, auditors and external advisors;
· Maintaining systems of internal controls for areas of accountability and ensuring documentation of such systems is kept up to date;
· Leading IFRS research and analysis and accounting policy development;
· Providing support to the annual budget and forecasting process for areas of accountability;
· Managing departmental budget, including but not limited to audit, quarterly review and other advisors’ fees;
· Taking the lead in improving efficiencies and automation within the corporate accounting department;
· Providing support to Hyperion team in development of new functionalities and implementation of system changes;
· Developing strong working relationships throughout all levels of the organization;
· Developing strong working relationships with the auditors and other external advisors;
· Contributing to the professional growth and development of the team;
· Other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will possess:
· University degree and professional accounting designation (CA preferred) or equivalent work experience;
· 3-5 years in senior financial management positions;
· 7-10 years in accounting and finance roles;
· Experience preparing public company financial reporting, including specifically financial statements, MD&A, AIF, and prospectus;
· Strong knowledge of Canadian GAAP and IFRS (required);
· Strong knowledge of public company financial reporting (required);
· Knowledge of accounting information systems (required);
· Strong general management and leadership skills (required);
· Strong communication and presentation skills (required);
· Knowledge of the real estate and healthcare specific accounting principles (preferred).
· Occasional travel may be required;
· Irregular hours and evening work will likely be required during quarter end reporting cycles and during prospectus filings.
Please quote reference number: A1CORPF-DCA
Please forward your cover letter and resume, in confidence, to:
Human Resources, Corporate Office
We thank all applicants for their interest in Chartwell Retirement Residences. Please be advised that only those invited to an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About us | Find a Residence | Living at Chartwell | Careers | Investor RelationsMaterial Copyright © 2009-Chartwell Master Care LP | Legal and Copyright | Website Privacy Statement