Job Type: Full-Time
December 17, 2012
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Senior Property Accountant is responsible for providing financial reporting, support and analysis to Canadian Retirement or Ontario Long Term Care.
The ideal candidate possesses:
· Four (4) - six (6) years of experience in accounting finance roles; experience in the real estate or seniors housing industry is preferred; experience with a public company is preferred;
· A professional designation in the field of accounting (Chartered Accountant, Certified General Accountant, or Certified Management Accountant) or equivalent work experience;
· A post-secondary degree in the field of business/finance is required;
· Strong knowledge of Canadian GAAP and IFRS (required).
· Public company experience (preferred).
· Knowledge of industry specific accounting principles (preferred).
· Knowledge of various provincial funding models and policies relating to assisted living and long term care health sector (preferred).
· Knowledge of Tenant Protection Act and similar legislation in other jurisdictions.
· Strong computer skills – ERP Software, Microsoft Office (required).
· Ability to communicate professionally in both their verbal and written exchanges; Bilingual in French is an asset.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Self-motivated, creative and innovative
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Preparation and analysis of complex property-level financial reporting packages in strict adherence to the set procedures for the portfolio of assigned properties;
· Provide financial analysis and support to management and internal departments with regards to concerns, reporting issues and variance explanations;
· Reviewing monthly property reporting packages ensuring the completeness and accuracy of the financial information is completed on a timely and accurate basis.
· Providing support with respect to the completion of consolidated tasks and analysis for the portfolio of homes and participate in monthly reviews of same, including balance sheet analysis.
· Assist with the oversight and completion of all required financial regulatory filings with the health funding authority and other government agencies and ensure all filings are done within the deadlines.
· Assist with coordinating, completion and review of the property operating budgets, working collaboratively with the Operations Teams.
· Reviewing and completing analysis on Balance Sheet and Income Statement by property to verify account balances and determine reasonableness of revenues and expenses;
· Distributing financial packages, with discussion of variances, to operations, marketing and finance managers/executives for their review; within the set deadlines.
· Review the resident trust bank account reconciliations and verify that they reconcile with the resident trust ledger;
· Assisting with training of General Managers, Directors, Regional Operations/Vice Presidents as it relates to financial processes.
· Assisting in the quarterly review and annual auditing processes, as required;
· Integrating new acquisitions, as required;
· Assisting the Accounting Manager by providing required financial information to lenders via the Vice President, Real Estate Finance;
· Continuously striving to develop recommendations and provide oversight to implementation of process enhancements to optimize property-level financial reporting;
· Performing special projects as requested.
Please forward your cover letter and resume, in confidence, to:
Human Resources, Corporate Office
We thank all applicants for their interest in Chartwell Retirement Residences. Please be advised that only those invited to an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About us | Find a Residence | Living at Chartwell | Careers | Investor RelationsMaterial Copyright © 2009-Chartwell Master Care LP | Legal and Copyright | Website Privacy Statement