Job Type: Contract (Full-Time)
February 12, 2013
This role is an exceptional opportunity for an energetic, enthusiastic RN!
You are a self-motivated individual who possesses effective communication, analytical, and assessment skills and good decision-making abilities. The incumbent possesses a valid Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario and holds current first aid and CPR certification. Experience in a long term care residence is an asset.
Drawing on their excellent leadership skills, the successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensuring that the nursing care routines are followed on the assigned unit(s);
- Providing direction to all personal care staff on the assigned unit(s); Orientating new staff;
- Promoting and supporting the goals and objectives of the nursing department, the residences, and the organization;
- Ensuring that the needs and safety of the residents, families, and staff are met;
- Restocking unit inventory;
- Actively participating in family conferences;
- Discussing resident needs with physicians and other health care disciplines;
- Monitoring and evaluating the quality of nursing care;
- Performing thorough physical assessments on ill residents;
- Maintaining and updating adequate resident documentation, reports, and other pertinent records.
Please forward your cover letter and resume, in confidence, to:
Sarah Clark, Administrator/Director of Care
We thank all applicants for their interest in Chartwell Retirement Residences. Please be advised that only those invited to an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
About us | Find a Residence | Living at Chartwell | Careers | Investor RelationsMaterial Copyright © 2009-Chartwell Master Care LP | Legal and Copyright | Website Privacy Statement