Seniors housing professionals will tell you that they often hear first-time visitors say, “I’m Not Ready Yet.” However, once they make the decision to move to a retirement community, those same customers often ask us, “What Was I Waiting For?!” So, how do you know when is the right time? The following is a series of questions that may help you discover the best answer for you:
- Do I find that I suffer from loneliness?
- Has my social life become restricted?
- Do I feel less safe in my home than I used to?
- Could I use more exercise?
- Is home maintenance a burden rather than a joy?
- Do I avoid driving at night or should I stop driving?
- Are housekeeping chores not as easy as they used to be?
- Am I caring for a spouse and having difficulties meeting the demands?
- Am I eating poorly? Have my eating habits changed?
- Am I eating alone too often?
- Do I worry about who will respond in case of an emergency?
- Is my health declining?
- Have I mixed up my medications?
- Would I be more comfortable if I had some supportive services available?
- Am I relying on friends and family to do things for me?
- Is it becoming a burden for them?
Chartwell Retirement Residences believes in living a better life and enjoying it to the fullest. If you answered “yes” to any of the questions above, you may be ready for the benefits of a retirement or long term care community. Consider your present quality of life… maybe now really is the right time for you.